Only 3 simple ingredients create this very delicious dish. Sticky, rich dates are stuffed with quality Parmesan cheese, wrapped with smokey bacon and baked to perfection. Amazing!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Wolfgang Puck.
- Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Insert a piece of Parmesan into each date. Then, wrap each date with 1 piece of bacon, securing it with a wooden toothpick. Arrange the dates 1 inch apart in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Then, using tongs, turn the dates over. Continue baking until the bacon is crisp, 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- With the tongs, transfer the dates to paper towels to drain, carefully patting them dry with more paper towels. Serve immediately.
If that title alone doesn’t make your mouth water… nothing will!
This recipe makes 2 large sandwiches.
1 packages of Orville’s Apple Pie Bacon
1 granny smith apple
6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
4 big pieces of Sourdough Bread (you can use whichever bread you’d like)
Line a baking sheet with foil, then lay out the bacon on the sheet. Place in the oven and then heat the oven to 400 degrees. Set the time for 17-20 minutes. Once your bacon is cooked, pat the excess grease off with some paper towels. Be careful because this yummy bacon can be a little sticky!
1. Lay out your pieces of bread and butter each piece.
2. Cover each piece of bread with your cheese slices. I used one and a half slices on each piece of bread. Feel free to use more or less if you’d like.
3. Core your apple then slice it into thin pieces. Layer your apple slices on one side of the bread for each sandwich. I used 6 think slices for each sandwich.
4. On top of the apples, layer your bacon! I find that the bacon strips will fit better on the bread if you cut them in half. Use as much bacon as you would like. I used 5-6 half slices for each sandwich. This bacon is cut very thick, so it doesn’t take many slices. Place the other piece of bread and cheese on top of the bacon.
5. At this point you can eat your sandwich as is, or grill it on a griddle or skillet pan. Here is how to do that:
6. Heat up your griddle (or skillet) on medium heat. Butter the top of your sandwich liberally with butter. Be sure to cover the whole piece of bread!
7. Once your griddle is warm, place the sandwiches butter side down onto it. Lower your heat to medium low and cover it with a lid if you have one large enough. Cooking it on low heat and covering the sandwiches while they are cooking will allow the cheese to melt all the way without burning the bread.
8. After a few minutes, go ahead and flip the sandwich. Cover again and grill for a few more minutes.
9. Once your sandwich is grilled to your liking, you’re ready to eat it!
And of course 10. ENJOY!
Recipe by Piggy Piggy Princess
Easy, delicious and perfect for any breakfast! Bacon and Egg Muffins Cups are a sure family favorite!
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 Breakfast Cups
6 slices of bread
12 slices of bacon
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat, cook the bacon and only allow it to cook for about 4-5 minutes. You are looking for flexible but not raw. While the bacon is cooking, cut two circles out of each slice of bread. I used a circle cookie cutter to make it easier.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Next, lay a circle of bread into the bottom of each muffin cup. Wrap the bacon around the edge of each muffin cup. Sprinkle cheese on top of the bread slices.
Now carefully, crack an egg into each cup.
Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until the whites have set and the yolk is cooked to your liking (less for a runny yolk, more for a cooked yolk)
Serve with pancakes and fresh fruit!